The modern digital marketing world is quite complicated. If you attempt to explore it, you’ll come across different abbreviations like PPC, SMM, SEO, and SEM. It’s easy to become lost and confused by the sea of unfamiliar words. SEO and SEM cause the most amount of trouble because many inexperienced marketers use these terms interchangeably. In this article, we focus on explaining the difference between these two concepts.
What is SEO Marketing in Phoenix, AZ?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. This strategy involves several techniques like keyword placement, content marketing, link building, website optimization, technical SEO, etc., to improve a website’s ranking on search engines. If you implement a good strategy, your website will appear on the first page and might even be among the first few results of the page.
Links at the top of the search engine results pages get the most attention and traffic, which is why marketers always focus on SEO as their primary strategy. SEO creates a strong foundation and a strategy built on it is more likely to be successful.
What is SEM?
SEM stands for Search Engine Marketing. It is a broader strategy that focuses on more than just ranking high on the SERP. SEO is considered an essential part of the overarching Search Engine Marketing strategy. Search engine marketing aims to improve a website’s visibility on SERPs through paid and organic means. This means marketers will use SEO as a tool to gain organic traffic and PPC to increase paid traffic.
Investing in SEM means you’re not placing all of your eggs in one basket. This strategy can help you establish a strong presence online and approach audiences from multiple directions.
What Are The Components of SEM and SEO Marketing in Phoenix, AZ?
It is crucial to understand the components of these two strategies, to understand the difference between them. A single campaign includes several distinct campaigns that can help you achieve your goal. Here’s a look at these components
- SEO Marketing Components
- Link Building – This is the process of getting inbound links from a respected and well-established website in your industry. Google considers link building one of the three most important ranking signals, which means this campaign is vital for your success.
- Website Optimization – This is the process of making a website more user-friendly, mobile-friendly, and optimized for search engines. It improves the overall quality of the website.
- Technical SEO – Technical SEO involves upgrading the website’s security certificate, cleaning up the URLs, optimizing title tags and meta descriptions, heading tags, etc.
- Optimizing For Mobile – Websites optimized for mobile load quickly and look great on all screen sizes.
- SEM Components
- SEO – The SEO strategy includes all of the components mentioned in the previous point and more. It is designed to draw an organic audience and help you establish a good reputation.
- Paid Ads – Paid ads are faster than SEO campaigns and can bring traffic to your website quickly. You can create an optimized ad campaign on Google Ads. The copy will show up at the top of the SERP and grab audience attention immediately.
If you’re looking for expert SEO Marketing in Phoenix, AZ, let us at WSI help you! You can call or contact us through our online form.