Businesses all over the world are trying to survive the current crisis – how to reach customers now that there are restrictions on physical contact and movement? This is the time when the Internet combined with some process changes can become your best friend.
Here are some Tips to ride out this storm:
- The best thing any business can do is to start and accelerate its transition to become a digital business. While the best time to act is before a crisis hits, it is never too late. Use the downtime to think about how you will grow your business after this crisis is over.
- If you’re not selling online, now is the time to do so. Businesses not embracing E-commerce will not survive long.
- Integrate an online ordering system into your website so people can place their orders and pay with a few clicks. Use digital marketing to reach new and existing clients. For example, restaurants should let customers know about takeout and delivery.
- Think about offering online live or pre-recorded classes. Can your customers reach you online with their questions?
- Offer live webinars and blogs to educate people. After all, your service still matters, and people will now have the time to engage with your content and learn about what you offer.
- The quickest way to engage your audience is via social media. Let everyone know exactly how your business is responding. Include working hours, remote work, and any changes to your services.
- Update Google My Business, Yelp, Apple Maps, Bing Local listings etc. These are often the first things people see when searching for your business. Make sure they are updated with your new hours and service information.
- Yes, we all received a million emails from businesses about COVID-19 that contained no useful information, but it’s still important for your business to reach out. Customers (especially those with current purchases, appointments, reservations) should know what’s going on and what to expect from you.
- Everyone is browsing social media and they are probably seeing the same thing. Refrain from posting virus-related content unless you are a virus expert, remember, people want to see positive and useful posts. Share educational content that provides practical and useful information.
- Show people what your company is up to. Are you working remotely? Share it with the world. They’ll be supportive too and you’ll surely see a spike in engagement.
WSI of Phoenix is 100% operational and available for our clients and community and we are here to provide support. Please feel free to reach out if we can be of any assistance. We wish everyone to stay healthy, safe, and hopeful.