How to leverage PPC optimization tools from Google to grow your business
Research by McKinsey and Company conducted in May 2020 shows that decisions made now can have an impact at a later date. In this blog, we’ll look to the future, and how you can use digital marketing and pay-per-click (PPC) to boost the success of your business.
“The COVID-19 crisis has led to dramatic shifts in consumer behavior. Businesses will have to work hard to meet ever-evolving customer experience requirements in order to win and remain relevant.”
McKinsey & Company, May 2020
The key themes emerging in the current landscape are:
- 56% of consumers prefer to hop on-line and have minimum time in-store.
- Three out of ten B2B and B2C consumers have bought different brands.
- 72% of consumers are now shopping online and making different buying decisions.
- 60% of US consumers are shopping the same of more than before, even in the current economic climate.
COVID has accelerated the shift to digital for B2B decision makers. Habits formed today will become the norm in the future, and decisions made during COVID will need to be sustained into the future.
There are two core strategies that businesses can follow:
- The store-centric approach. This provides consumers with the information they need and is ideal for dentistry, law firms. and retailers, etc, that require hands-on experience.
- The omni-channel approach. The omni -channel approach allows the consumer multiple touchpoints with your business. For example, they can interact with a business on social media, You Tube, etc, and is ideal for every business.
So, to connect, advertisers may decide to go with a store centric approach or an omnichannel approach depending on their goals. When the objective is store centric, to grow visits to stores, Local campaigns is the solution to support that objective. And for growing total sales (online and from stores), the solution is Smart bidding, location extensions and local inventory ads to help achieve those goals.
The aim of reactivating and accelerating sales is to drive growth in the ever-changing landscape. Google provides tools that can help drive these results:
- Google Trends (can be narrowed down to your country or region)- Use Google Trends to access search insights in order to better understand changing consumer behavior in different regions.
- Performance Planner (available within Google Ads)- Forecast demand and how optimizations will affect overall return using Performance Planner. Performance planner helps you set the right budget for your campaigns.
- Optimization Score (available within Google Ads)- Optimization score is an estimate of how well your Google Ads campaigns are set to perform. Optimization score runs from 0% to 100%, with 100% meaning that your account is likely performing at its full potential. It surfaces relevant optimization recommendations (sourced from Google Ads Recommendations page) and estimates the impact of their implementation on the optimization score and various campaign’s or account’s objectives.
- Google tips on Think with Google (available in multiple countries)- Learn how other thought leaders are coping with similar business challenges on Think with Google and get industry-relevant tips from Google – new tools: Advertising Solutions Center, YouTube Mockup Tool, and Case Studies.
All tools are being constantly updated and are available now. The work that you put in now will have a huge impact for the future and engaging with customers in a digital way is the future.
Get in touch with WSI Phoenix for help in boosting your PPC and other paid marketing strategies for noticeable results. Contact us today!!